Sunday 1 November 2015

Mtl à Table 2015 -La Bêtise






















First stop of my Mtl à Table week: La Bêtise, located on St. Hubert in the Saint Edouard area of Montreal .

This is one of the reasons why I love Mtl à Table, you get the chance to discover restaurants outside main restaurant districts. To me, St. Hubert was always an area you visited when you're in need of 1) a prom dress, 2) a brides maid dress, or 3) a wedding dress.  Who knew St. Hubert street was also lined with several trendy restaurants in between all the bridal stores.

La Bêtise is a fusion Tapas Bar with Quebec style cuisine that is heavily influenced by the East.




















Decisions, decisions, I didn't think I would have such a hard time deciding on what I wanted to eat. The best part of eating out with friends is that you get to nibble on their dishes as well.

I ended up selecting the classic Bêtise salmon tartare. Not only was it tasty, it was generous portion for a tapas style menu.




















For the second course, I couldn't decide between the poutine, the burger or the mac&cheese (which was basically the whole menu). Luckily Little J, opted for the mushroom mac&cheese with truffle oil.  That left me with either the shredded duck poutine with foie gras sauce and bacon or the crispy and spicy shrimp burger.  I opted for the shrimp burger.




















Not only was the patty made of real shrimp, it was served on a bed of crispy rice noodles.  To be honest, the shrimp burger was alright. It was missing something, I can't place my finger on it, but it need a little something extra to bring the taste home.




















And so was Little J's mac&cheese.  It really could have used a lot more cheese in our opinion.

At least dessert was not a let down.




















I chose the fried Bueno. In case you're wondering what the fried Bueno is, because I had no clue what it was either.  Think deep fried mars bar but with a Bueno chocolate bar instead. Fried Buneo is basically an adult version of a Kinder's surprise.

Little J opted for the homemade crème burlée, which was also quite tasty.




















Little J and I both thought that 2 out of the 3 courses at La  Bêtise were  quite tasty and the other was just alright.  It's actually quite a cute place. Potentially worth another visit.

Are there any restaurants that should be on my list to hit up during Mtl à Table week?


No comments:

Post a Comment