Wednesday 16 September 2015

On the Road Again...


One-Direction-On the road again tour 2015-1
 If you follow me on instagram, you would have already known where I was a couple of Saturdays ago.

No, your eyes are not mis-reading this. No, I'm not ashamed to admit I as a fully grown adult went to the One Direction On the Road Again Tour at the Olympic Stadium.


This time around I went with CW, a huge directioner.   I figured I owed her for all the times she's accompanied me to see Josh Groban in concert.

As teens we never had the opportunity to go to concerts so I would chalk this up to a re-living our youth kinda of outing. Although, I must admit that experiencing a concert as an adult is slightly more different then experiencing a concert as a teen.  As adults, we have much more limitations of what we're willing to do compared to our teenage selves.  We are not willing to touch the floor or put our bags on the floor, we won't go out of my way to catch things artist throw into the crowd, it's not worth the risk of getting crushed by a hundreds of teen fans.

This was our first stadium concert and I think it will be our last.  We much prefer the smaller more intimate setting of the Bell centre. At least then we could actually see them.

One-Direction-On the road again tour 2015-2

When we arrived, all the floor seats were covered with these signs. Now a days social media as made it much more easier for every fan to participate in a fan moment.

One-Direction-On the road again tour 2015-3
All fans were suppose to hold this up during "Fireproof"


The opening act Icona Pop.


One-Direction-On the road again tour 2015-4















Unfortunately, we only knew one song...I Love it!

One-Direction-On the road again tour 2015-5
The Bondage Bear
















During intermission, we spotted the "bondage bear". According to CW, my resident 1-Direction expert; the bondage bear appears at each show wearing different outfits.  Mr. Bear looks quit cozy this evening.

One-Direction-On the road again tour 2015-6


















I have to admit these boys still have their charm even though they're minus 1. There is just something so charismatic about these boys.  You don't even really noticed that they don't dance like typical boy bands, them just being boys is enough to draw you in.

One-Direction-On the road again tour 2015-7




















The boys definitely knew how to work the crowd, when in Montreal, throwing in a little French will definitely drive the crowd into a frenzy.  Harry had the crowd screaming at just "ça.."Throwing water at the crowd, was another way 1-Direction managed to get the crowd screaming at the top of their lungs.

One-Direction-On the road again tour 2015-8















Finally our fan moment.

One-Direction-On the road again tour 2015-9
This shot is for CW, a huge Niall fan


One-Direction-On the road again tour 2015-10
















One-Direction-On the road again tour 2015-12

The Canadian flag must always make an appearance. Another sure fire way to drive fans crazy.

One-Direction-On the road again tour 2015-13



















I'm all about capturing moments at concerts, I think I would be a great free lance concert photographer, no? Although technically most of my shots are pure luck because half the time I'm actually also trying to enjoy the show.

Mental note to self, next stadium concert, a self-stick is a must. 






No comments:

Post a Comment