Sunday 5 June 2016

The Perfect Nude Nail Polishes


Formula X nail polish in Doll face and Less is more


It's officially sandal season, which means time to get your tootsies in shape.  I have moments every now and then where I want a bold polish, but at the end of the day I feel the most comfortable with a pale nude like color.

I think I've found the perfect nude polish...just in time for Summer.


Essie and Essence Nail poish
L to R: Essie's limo scene, Essence's sweet as candy, Essie's muchi muchi

I think I must be the pickiest person in the world because it took me a while to fine the perfect nude color.  And I've tried a lot.  Essie's muchi muchi had too much of a blue undertone for my liking.  I liked Essie's limo-scene, unfortunately it's down fall was that it applied quite streaky and you needed at least 5 coats for it to even out. In my experience, streakiness seems to be a common occurrence among Essie polishes, especially with the more pale nude like colors.

When all the bloggers and youtubers were raving about Victoria Beckham's Nail's Inc bamboo I was so tempted to splurge on it. In pictures and videos, it looked like the perfect pinky nude.  But every time I swatched it in Sephora, it lean too much on the white for my liking.  The ultimate deterrent, it's $50 price tag, especially since I'm not a polish person.

Formula X nail polish in Doll face and Less is more 2















I thought I found the perfect pale pink color last summer with Essence's sweet as candy.  And the fact that it only cost $1.99, it was a win-win.  I was even prepared to stock up on it.  It's down fall, you practically had to apply a whole bottle to get an even coat. I knew there was a catch.

Then last weekend I stumbled upon Formula X's "doll face" and "less is more" (full strength formula). Doll face has a the perfect pink undertone, while less is more is the perfect ivory nude.  The best part is you really only need 2 coats.  There is just something about the Formula X formula, although they are on the pricier side, but the fact that they pretty much apply streak free makes them well worth their price tag.

I can't be the only one who thinks that my polish can sometimes clash with my outfit? I'm definitely way over thinking this.


No comments:

Post a Comment